dsexport without dependent items

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

oacvb
Participant

dsexport without dependent items

Post by oacvb »

I need to export a list of datastage jobs using the command dsexport. I need the DSX export excluding the dependent items. i tried with the below command
dsexport.exe /D=domain /H=hostname /U=username /P=password /Job=xyz_abc project pathname1

When /NODEPENDENTS was included to the command i get the error as failed to connect to the project.
dsexport /D=<Domain> /H=<Host> /U=<User> /P=<Password> /JOB=<job_name> /NODEPENDENTS <Project> <job_name.dsx>

Require help in this. Thanks in advance!
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Change your order and try it again. The NODEPEDENTS may need to go at the first. It seeems to want /JOB last.
Mamu Kim
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

Thanks for your reply kduke. I had already tried with all possible ways of ordering the /NODEPENDENTS but resulted with error as "the current user does not have the desired datastage role setup" and "failed to attach to project".

Any other solution to avoid the list of dependent items being exported.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Read the error carefully, then specify a user and password that does have the requisite role.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

This error occurs only when i include the /NODEPENDENTS term. Else it is working fine. So i believe the problem is only with the placement of NODEPENDENTS. It would be really helpful if anybody could post the proper command
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Could be more than simply the placement. What exact version / fixpack are you running? From what I've read, that option was added after the fact.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

Thanks for your help. It was version mismatch. Now able to export the job without dependencies. I need to export the parameter set and i am not able to do it. Could you please help us on this. Requirement is export sequence / job / parameters in separate dsx.
huge10
Participant

Post by huge10 »

Hi,
I have a similar problem but when I use the option /NODEPENDENTS I get the follow error msg:
The current user does not have the required DataStage roles set up.

What role I should set up?
If I try the same by GUI, with the same user, the export goes fine.. and there I can check/uncheck the option DEPENDENTS/NODEPENDENTS
the power is nothing without contol :-)
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

You may have credential mapping set up so that when you run via designer you actually run as someone else.

when executed from the command line, you are running the command as your user id. You can use the -user -password to make your credential mapping lookup work.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

The operator role probably does not have export rights. Not sure which do and which do not.
Mamu Kim