Login Screen Never Appears

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rsadevelopers
Premium Member
Premium Member

Login Screen Never Appears

Post by rsadevelopers »

Hi All, I'm having an issue logging into DataStage using my Windows DataStage Client. The splash screen appears for a second then disappears. The login screen never appears. No errors appear.

Any ideas why this might be happening? I'm able to login to the DS server through putty without issues.

Thanks in advance
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

For lack of details, I would take a SWAG at it. This may be related to management of second screen in DataStage Client. Was this machine connected to multiple monitors earlier? If so, the login screen may be appearing on a non-existent second monitor. See this JR29530 technote.

If this is not the case, then share some details. What has changed? Is this a new Client installation? Did DataStage Client ever work on this machine? Are other users able to connect to DataStage Client?
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

If you have a low spec machine with less RAM or the machine is overly utilized it may take a lot of time for second screen to appear. Check DSDesign.exe in task manager, do you see increase in RAM usage of that process? which will mean that, it is still working to get resources. Else what rkashyap mentioned.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
rsadevelopers
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rsadevelopers »

Issue has been resolved. I rebooted my router and it solved the issue. I was accessing the server through VPN. Not sure why as all other apps were working fine except for DataStage,
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

so, are you using a batch script to provide the credential? Else atleast the login screen should appear, even though It may just disappear after you provide the credentials.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink: