Error on SET.FILE.MAP RT_BP3 NONE FORCE command

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vintipa
Participant

Error on SET.FILE.MAP RT_BP3 NONE FORCE command

Post by vintipa »

Hi Experts,

I have done a fresh Installation of IIS 9.1.2 on AIX server. Installation went well without any errors.
I can log in to Webconsole, OPS console and clients with dsadm.

But when I try to save a job in designer I get below error.
In Administrator client the project path is not displayed below when i click on a project and also ADD, Properties tabs do not work [Nothing happens after we click these tabs].

Please can you Identify what user configuration I would have missed or something else !! ??

Error" Error on SET.FILE.MAP RT_BP3 NONE FORCE command (Failed to set file's NLS map. ) "

Note: Given full 777 permisions to the Projects folder path.
Vinay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What are the permissions to the RT_BP3 directory? When you use the SET.FILE.MAP command, it has to write a hidden file called .nlsmap into the directory. If you don't have write permission to the directory, then the command will fail.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vintipa
Participant

Post by vintipa »

I have given chmod -R 777 <ProjectName> in the Projects directory. But still the issue.

Also I get below error many times. Even when restarting the IIS components, I get this error:
"du: 0653-175 Cannot find the current directory."

More details:
{pbhashdlpw001}/home/xmeta$ du
16 .
{pbhashdlpw001}/home/xmeta$ cd /IIS
{pbhashdlpw001}/IIS$ du
du: 0653-175 Cannot find the current directory.
{pbhashdlpw001}/IIS$ cd /IIS/Appl
{pbhashdlpw001}/IIS/Appl$ du
du: 0653-175 Cannot find the current directory.
Vinay
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

We were getting error "du: 0653-175 Cannot find the current directory." when stopping and starting the engine as root. Support said to stop and start it using the dsadm ID according to the doc, and that error went away.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
vintipa
Participant

Post by vintipa »

Ok, But I use 'dsadm' for engine and root for other apps while restarting.
Vinay
vintipa
Participant

Post by vintipa »

Hi,

Issue is now fixed. Giving full permisions to the install directories as suggested above were not enough.
We unmounted the file system where the installation was done. then gave full 777 permissions for the folder underneath that mount point.

Now it works fine. To be on the safer side I uninstalled IIS for this change and did re-install.
Vinay