In 2 Tier install does isadm user need to exist on both tier

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

In 2 Tier install does isadm user need to exist on both tier

Post by tonystark622 »

Hi Folks,

I have a two tier DataStage install. DataStage Engine on one tier and WAS and DB2 (Metadata Repository) on the other tier.

The isadm user exists on the WAS/DB2 tier, but not on the DataStage Engine tier. Most everything seems to be working, but I noticed that when I ran ISALite "General Diagnostic Health Checker" that it failed certain tests because it couldn't login as the isadm user on the DataStaqe Engine tier.

So, do I need the isadm user on both tiers? Any ideas what things might not work without the isadm user on both tiers?

Thanks,
Tony
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I would assume that you would not need an isadm user on the engine tier, and it should run fine that way. There was probably a dsadm user created on the engine tier. By default, the isadm user is created internally, in the internal user registry, and not on the operating system. In the web console, you can map credentials from an internal user to an operating system user on the engine tier.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Thanks!