Websphere Appliction Server Not starting

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sreesuku2
Participant

Websphere Appliction Server Not starting

Post by sreesuku2 »

Hi Team,

I was not able to login to the DS web console using the link
http://server:9080/ibm/iis/console/logi ... yForm=true

I had restarted the WebSphere application server, but looks like it was not staring properly.

The Start server log showed the error

Code: Select all

ADMU3011E: Server launched but failed initialization. startServer.log, SystemOut.log(or job log in zOS) and other log files under D:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\InfoSphere\logs\server1 should contain failure information.
SystemErr log showed the below 2 reasons.

Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.LookupException: SQLException thrown while trying to get Connection from Datasource (java:comp/env/xmeta_defaultDS)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [jcc][t4][2012][11248][3.58.135] Connection authorization failure occurred.  Reason: Password expired. ERRORCODE=-4214, SQLSTATE=28000DSRA0010E: SQL State = 28000, Error Code = -4,214
What could be the exact reason for the Web sphere server ?

One more observation : The DB2 service (DB2 - DB2COPY - DB21-0) was in Stopped state. When I try to start the service, it showed the error :
Error 1069 : The Service did not start due to login failure.
Db2admin is the user name

So the Application server starting issue is because of the Db2admin user id ?

Unfortunately I dn't have DS admin to approach for help, since its a temporary server

Thanks
Sree
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Either the XMETA or the XMETASR password has expired. Get a non-expiring password created then run AppServerAdmin.bat to emplace the new password into the database.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sreesuku2
Participant

Post by sreesuku2 »

Hi,

Scheduled jobs are running and output files are getting generated.

Only when I login to DS I am getting the below error.
Error message:

Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected Services Tier
Could not connect to server [9.182.98.97] on port [9080].
Exception type: javax/security/auth/login/LoginException
Exception message: Could not connect to server [9.182.98.97] on port [9080].
Exception stack trace: 
Unable to login to DS web console as well.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Then maybe your credential password has expired. Somewhere ONE (or more) of your passwords has expired. Do the detective work and find out which one it is.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sreesuku2
Participant

Post by sreesuku2 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Then your credential password has expired. ...
You mean the OS credentials ? I could login to server with the same credentials.

I have 2 DS Ids - wasadmin and isadmin, both mapped to 2 different OS ids. Both are not working..

Another important observation is, without giving the password also if I click on 'Login' in DS Designer, I am getting the above mentioned error :roll:
sreesuku2
Participant

Post by sreesuku2 »

This entry was also part of StartServer log. If its helpful

[11/26/13 11:43:51:057 IST] 00000000 WindowsServic 3   Service failed to start.  startServer return code = -1
[11/26/13 11:43:51:057 IST] 00000000 AdminTool     A   ADMU7704E: Failed while trying to start the Windows Service associated with server: server1; 
probable error executing WASService.exe: Starting Service: WIN-7TUOBT81EQGNode01
Service failed to start.  startServer return code = -1
This entry also I found in SystemErr lo

[12/15/14 15:18:10:279 IST] 00000011 SystemErr     R 2014-12-15 15:18:10,279 Error [ISF-INITIALIZATION] [0001] Error

com.ibm.websphere.security.auth.WSLoginFailedException: This realm is not the current realm, nor the admin realm, nor a trusted realm: IISSystemUsers
	at com.ibm.websphere.security.auth.WSLoginFailedException.<init>(WSLoginFailedException.java:68)
	at com.ibm.ws.security.server.lm.wsMapDefaultInboundLoginModule.validateInboundRealmIsTrusted(wsMapDefaultInboundLoginModule.java:2601)
sreesuku2
Participant

Post by sreesuku2 »

Hi All,

The issue got resolved. It was because password DB2admin user id had expired. DB2 services were stopped because of that.

I have reset the password and set it as 'Never expire', now the WebSphere server is running fine.

Thanks for the support