Database connector stages not appearing correctly

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mydsworld
Participant

Database connector stages not appearing correctly

Post by mydsworld »

Hi,
I am using DS 8.1 and am not seeing any of the database (DB2, Oracle) connector stages appearingly correctly, they are appearing as 'generic stage' symbol. However the enterprise, API stages are appearing fine.

Please advice.

Thanks.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Well, you can simply rearrange those connector stages to where they suppose to be via Customize palette.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Make sure your client Version.xml reflects the same patch level as your server.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This can also be a symptom of running out of memory on the client machine. Do you have a zillion other applications open? Or an animated screen saver? Are you perhaps viewing streamed video? All these demand memory and CPU resources.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I've had this a couple of times before, on weak clients with little memory and an ancient graphic card. Rebooting the client and ensuring that as few programs as possible are running has solved this for me, as Ray has already stated.