39202 error on Windows but ONLY from dsjob??

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

39202 error on Windows but ONLY from dsjob??

Post by RodBarnes »

I recently built a new server and installed DataStage 7.5. But I've run into a very odd instance of the 39202 error: It is only reported when I execute dsjob at the command line.

The engine and projects folders all have the right permissions.
I am logged in as an administrator.
I can run the clients without problem.
I can telnet into a project and list file contents and execute programs.
I can execute UVSH and interact, including logto the project.

But when I run dsjob (e.g., dsjob -run -mode NORMAL -wait TS_dev ORBIT_UsageTrack) it reports "39202 Failed to open project".

Does anyone have any ideas? I've searched through the posts for anything similar but all the 39202 posts appear to affect all connections, not just dsjob.

I know that 7.5 is no longer supported but we are trying a temporary step of running 7.5 on Windows 2008. [Yeah, I know, I know...] The thing I find very, very odd is that uvsh executes fine but dsjob fails. That makes no sense to me.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Have you tried including your credentials on the command line - userid and password?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by RodBarnes »

That seems to have worked. I wonder why dsjob requires this but the others do not? It isn't required on my other server. Could be related to Windows 2008, I guess...

Thanks. I hadn't seen the options of -user and -password as they were scrolling off the screen when I ran dsjob to view parameters. :oops:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Glad that worked. I've seen instances where it works fine without them but many more times where it fails without them so I would include them. Never being sure what the exact rules were, I always erred on the side of caution. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers