Error while running dsjob

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

iDomz
Participant

Error while running dsjob

Post by iDomz »

Hi,
Executing dsjob command on win2k3 server pops up a message that ACS_Client_cpp.dll cannot be found.

The command worked fine previously.

I tried running the command based on the dsjob executable in Engine folder and also the client installation folder with same result.

I tried re-installing ds server and client in repair mode.

I am not sure when this stopped working - One change I had done in between was to install v8.0.1 (removed it later when another box became available).

I am not able to find a dll by that name in either this machine or the hawk machine.

Any help or pointers is highly appreciated.

Thanks
iDomz
Participant

Post by iDomz »

Exported all projects - uninstalled both client and server and reinstalled them - Now dsjob command works fine.

Interestingly, there is still no ACS_Client_cpp.dll in my system. So, not sure why dsjob was complaining previously.

Cheers,
D
RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by RodBarnes »

FWIW: I ran into this same exact issue after doing the same thing. I had a Windows 2008 server on which I'd installed and done an evaluation of 8.1 and later uninstalled it.

We decided to find out just how well/poorly 7.5 operates on Windows 2008 -- even though it is not supported. After installing it, I got the same error when trying to run dsjob.

There is something about the 8.x install that leaves something hanging around (see this link http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iisin ... tions.html) which causes 7.5 dsjob think it needs to use acs_client_cpp.dll -- which no longer exists.

I found that the issue was that two binaries were still the 8.x version -- vmdsapi.dll and vmdsr_sched.exe -- found in \Windows\System32. The former was the file that was looking for the acs_client_cpp.dll. I replaced these with 7.5 copies from another server and then it stopped producing that error. Much less involved than a re-install. :D