XMeta recovery

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hobocamp
Premium Member
Premium Member

XMeta recovery

Post by hobocamp »

Seems like this is my week for questions.

This questions pertains to our entire Dev/UAT DataStage environment. (Both environments live on the same server.) We had an Oracle failure there yesterday, and our DBAs are unable to recover from past backups.

I believe their plan is to now recover using current Production data, which would mean that Production XMeta gets copied to become Dev/UAT XMeta.

My assumption is that I would simply be able to import jobs from the nightly Dev/Uat Project backups, for any cases where there was work in progress that had not yet moved to Production. (In fact I would probably just reimport the entire project backups to reestablish our Dev/UAT environments.)

Does that sound like a correct assumption? I'm just wondering if there are any gotcha's that I might not have considered.

Thanks.
Tom
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Sounds like a bad idea to me. I'd assume that the XMeta database would include a considerable amount of installation-specific metadata.

A reinstall of Information Server and then an import from your Dev/Uat backups would probably be safer.

I'd suggest checking with your official support provider.

Of course it wouldn't hurt to try since you're already hosed.

Mike