Upgrade to 8.1

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vbarca
Premium Member
Premium Member

Upgrade to 8.1

Post by vbarca »

Hi,

We are upgrading from DS 7.5.2 to 8.1. We are currently upgrading our DEV project. Because we are on Windows, we can not run both versions of DS in parallel so we had to uninstall 7.x and install 8.x. Now, we are thinking we might want to implement Production on the DEV box first so we can continue to run 7.x in parallel while we implement 8.x. We are going to clone the Data Warehouse, so we will actually have two instances. 7.x will be writing to one and 8.x to the clone.

My question is, since I've already specified the metadata repository when I installed 8.x, is there any way to point a new project to a different metadata repository? If not, are there any issues with having DEV, TST, and PRD all using the same metadata repository? And, once we get production stable on the DEV box, install 8.x on the Prod box, point it to the metadata repository, import the prod project to the prod server and copy all the hashed files over to start processing from the prod server, will this cause any issues that I should be aware.

Thanks,
Vince
Computer analyst to programmer: "You start coding. I'll go find out what they want."