000-418 DataStage v.8 Practice

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nwolfe88
Participant

000-418 DataStage v.8 Practice

Post by nwolfe88 »

Hello all,
I'm looking to get certified in DataStage in the near future and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a legitimate practice test for the 000-418 exam? I've seen things online like passguaranteed.com and things like that but they seem a bit sketchy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
nwolfe88
Participant

Post by nwolfe88 »

I've seen that practice test, but it's only ten questions. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good one with lots more questions to give me more of a broad understanding.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Only of the 'sketchy' variety.

viewtopic.php?t=136247
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Apparently Prometric do offer a "ten dollar exam", though I'm not sure whether that's available for DataStage. Could be worth checking out, though.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
cppwiz
Participant

Post by cppwiz »

I've taken the IBM official practice test for the 000-421 DataStage 8.5 exam and it's worth the time, especially if you have never taken an IBM exam before. Here is the link to access the IBM official practice exam:

http://www-03.ibm.com/certify/tests/sam421.shtml

As Ray stated, it's an online exam proctored throught the Prometric web site. It will give you a flavor for the actual exam. I hit the print screen key and pasted some of the questions and answers into a Word document for post-exam research and this really helped me to separate the differences in some of the answers. So its greatest benefit to me was as a study tool and not necessarily as a true assessment.

Note that IBM is continuing to offer a "Take It Again" program to allow you to take the same exam a second time if you fail it the first time. Here is the link to that program:

http://www-03.ibm.com/certify/process/tia.shtml

Between the practice test and the "Take It Again" program, you should be able to pass this exam. Good luck!