Job Sequence calling Server jobs and sub-jobs

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Seyed
Participant

Job Sequence calling Server jobs and sub-jobs

Post by Seyed »

All,
We have requirement to make our weekly Data Warehouse load fully restartable. At the moment, we have a job sequence that runs 9 server jobs sequentially (J1 through J9). Each server job will in turn run its own sub jobs. The 9 server jobs and their sub jobs consist of a total of 54 server jobs. Currently the sub jobs run through dependencies that have been defined for each server job. But, if one sub job fails, instead of aborting, the sequence continues with the next sub job causing serious problems. The only way that I know how to make all 54 jobs restartable is by putting all of them in a single job sequence and then make them all restartable. Is there a way to make all 54 server jobs restartable by only putting the 9 calling server jobs on the job sequence?

Thank you in advance,

Seyed
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, cause everything to log a warning in the sequence if the activity does not finish with success status, then intercept and process any warning that is generated. If every sequence is so set, all warnings will propagate to the top-level sequence, in which you might organise restartability, notification and whatever else.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Seyed
Participant

Post by Seyed »

ray.wurlod wrote:Yes, cause everything to log a warning in the sequence if the activity does not finish with success status, then intercept and process any warning that is generated. If every sequence is so set, all ...
Ray,
Thank you for your input. Unfortunately, I can't read your entire answer because I am not a premium member. I need to check with my manager to see if there is money for the membership.

Thank you again,

Seyed