DataStage Certification

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

DataStage Certification

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage 8.5 certification exam is now available.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
cppwiz
Participant

Post by cppwiz »

Here's the direct link:

http://www-03.ibm.com/certify/tests/ovr421.shtml

One interesting thing with the new test is there is a web-based assesment test that you can take before sitting for the actual exam. The web-based assessment is free for IOD attendees, all others must pay $10 dollars.

I hope to take both the assessment and 8.5 exam this week.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Just passed it. At IOD. Same level of difficulty as the previous one - after all, not too many changes to DataStage between 8.0 and 8.5.

Needless to say, many of the questions relate equally to 8.0, 8.1 or 8.5.

But, yes, there were some questions about the new version; I faced one each on looping in the Transformer, vertical pivot and interaction with source code control. Doubtless there are others.

There are 65 questions with a 90 minute time limit. Pass mark is 65%.

I believe anyone who's competent with version 8.1 and who's read the "what's new in 8.5" documentation should be able to pass. If you've seen the demos in the IOD demo room, you'll pass well. I still have not played with the software, and passed well.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.