Skipping Table Analysis

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

seanc217
Premium Member
Premium Member

Skipping Table Analysis

Post by seanc217 »

Here's my quesiton,

In the manual it says...

"As an alternative, Table Analysis may be skipped, in which case the results are based on previously defined primary keys instate of aggregate dependencies."

Does anyone know what I have to set to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.
seanc217
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by seanc217 »

I think I answered my own question, Where the analysis server is there is a check box that says copy existing keys, but I still have to run table analysis before I can run primary key analysis.

Is this true?

Thanks again,

Sean
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
As far as my memory serves me.
You must do every step and check the reviewed step in order to continue to the next step.

Normaly in cases that you don't need to get a recomended DB scheme you skip the primary key definition step.

In my humble opinion the table analysis is not something you want to skip.

If there are more conciderations you left out please post them and you might get additional info.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
seanc217
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by seanc217 »

The weird thing that happens though is that when I do the table analysis, and then go to do the primary key analysis, and I check the copy existing keys check box, I get a message that I cannot use the key because table analysis has been run.

I have a case open with IBM on this issue, I will let you know the results.
HenryHouet
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by HenryHouet »

Hi,
I just ran across the same problem as you quoted where I get the same error reported when I try to choose the function 'Copy Existing Tools'.
I saw in your message that you had opened an issue with IBM regarding this problem and that you would supply a post when the issue has been resolved. I was just wondering if there has been a solution yet?