Data profiling with PX license

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

trainee9999
Charter Member
Charter Member

Data profiling with PX license

Post by trainee9999 »

Hi all,

We have Datastage and ProfileStage running on a WIN NT Server and planning to migrate to EE or the PX.

I need to substantiate with enough facts and figures that PX will boost the performace of the Profiling jobs.

I also need to know if the EE or PX can have server installed on WIN NT or do we have to have the Server installed on Unix/linux platform and the clients on Win NT/2000.?

Does any one have ProfileStage with Parallel extender?

To what extent the performance has improved by using PX vs. using server edition.

Can any please give me heads up on how does the Analysis Server of ProfileStage communicate with the Parallel Xtender engine inorder to do the Dataprofiling in Parallel for Very large datasets.

Any clue/thought would be an invaluable one.

Thanks to all in advance

-Arvind Chenna(Ac)
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Does ProfileStage use the parallel framework? I know the in next release the Sorcerer product will be parallel but I doubt there is a 7.x Windows version which is parallel other then DataStage.
rhys.jones@target.com
Participant

Post by rhys.jones@target.com »

The PX engine is the same Orchestrate framework that Datastage uses. We don't presently have it licensed, but had an evaluation copy a while back, so I've configured it and used it briefly. It's pretty slick and easy to setup. However, you're not platformed properly. The PXEngine presently ONLY works on a Unix platform for ProfileStage. So you'd have to move your Analysis Server over to Unix to get it to work properly.