Error Loading metadata

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

trainee9999
Charter Member
Charter Member

Error Loading metadata

Post by trainee9999 »

Hi Everybody,

I need to import the metadata of the tables into profileStage from a text file/folder. I have created a DSN using Microsoft text driver and pointed it to the folder. I have specified all the options in the "Load Database Meta Data" screen and when I click on "Select Table" button, I get the following error:

"Error retrieving table list
Error may be database or schema specified in this connection does not contain any tables. Please see the latest error log (select Tables_yyyymmdd_n.log) for details"

Other wise the DSN works fine when working with DataStage.

I have seen this earlier in the forum but that did not help me really . Can anyone pls get me out of this situation.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Nash[/i]
trainee9999
Charter Member
Charter Member

Ascential data drivers

Post by trainee9999 »

Loading the data drivers from ascential is the only way to do that.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Thanks for that feedback. ODBC is supposedly a "standard" so, if ProfileStage can not use drivers that comply with the standard we have a bug. Have you reported this to your support provider and, if so, with what result?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
als110
Participant

Post by als110 »

I have run into the exact same issue and after talking to support they will not even listen to the problem if you are not use the ascential drivers. with that said I still can not connect to an oracle db through profile stage.