Creating a NEW DB and specs

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

als110
Participant

Creating a NEW DB and specs

Post by als110 »

I am attempting to build a new db schema and specs after I have completed a full analysis of a source db. I get the following error:

8/23 12:26:09: INFO - +ERROR 100 5208 There is no Analysis Server running at IP address 165.245.228.74

The thing the really jumps out at me is the fact that the error is correct there really is no analysis server running at the above mentioned ip. The analysis server is running on 165.245.228.124 All other processes that hit the analysis server run fine to completion including column analysis, table analysis and normilization just to name a few. Does anyone have any ideas???
als110
Participant

Post by als110 »

It turns out that the ip address that it is trying to use is my local machine where the PS client is installed. I'm not sure why for the generate DB it is trying to do this but for all other processes that require the use of hte Analysis server it is point to the one on the unix box where my analysis server is currently installed and up and running.
als110
Participant

Post by als110 »

Thanks for everyone's help, but according to the documentation It looks like I not only need an analysis server on my unix box but I need a copy of it on my client machine as well. I currently have a ticket in with ascential support, and i will see what they say.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Aaron
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

FYI, in my time zone your posts are timed at 3:30am, 4:15am and 6:45am. Do be patient; this is an all-volunteer site, and no-one provides 24x7 coverage. If you want urgent responses, sign up for premium support with your support provider.

I am interested in what support has to say; I have always placed the analysis server on the client machine, assuming that that's required.
Therefore I always nominate a well-specified PC - preferably lots of memory (say 2GB) and lots of free disk space (tens of GB).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
als110
Participant

Post by als110 »

Ray,

It turns out that you do in fact have to have an Analysis Server Installed in both places in order to properly export and create new target db's in profile stage. Once the Analysys Server was installed on my Windows Machine and configured in profile stage then jobs ran fine.