ProfileStage Vs Audit Stage

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

chowdary
Participant

ProfileStage Vs Audit Stage

Post by chowdary »

Hi People,

I am confused between AuditStage and ProfileStage. Are they same or different. Can any one explain me the major differences between two.

Thanks
Chowdary.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

In the next release in September they are merged into a single product. At the moment ProfileStage is a data profiling tool with sets of defined profiling functions. After an initial profile it does not have very good ongoing monitoring and metrics. With AuditStage you have a greater range of business rule profiling options such as writing your own profiling SQL. It has good ongoing monitoring options. It requires better knowledge of the source data and I have found it harder to use then ProfileStage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

There is an overlap, result of Ascential's acquisitions of multiple sources of technology.

AuditStage was originally a product called Quality Manager, which was acquired when VMARK merged with UniData to form Ardent Software.

ProfileStage was originally a product called MetaRecon, which Ascential purchased in 1999 or 2000, if my memory serves me correctly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.