Using PStage Offline to review analysis

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

peternolan9
Participant

Using PStage Offline to review analysis

Post by peternolan9 »

Hi All,
I am working for an Ascential Reseller and we have sold PStage. We have run a whole series of analysis work for the client on a machine at the client. However, I'd like to be able to copy the PStage database to my laptop and review the analysis done back at the hotel. (All comments related to 'get a life' will be ignored...;-) )

However, when I put the client on my laptop and not the message switch it gives the message 'message switch is unavailable' (of course) and any reads/etc of the database through PStage are really, really slow. I am guessing it is continually looking for the message switch.

Do I have to instal the message switch as well? Just to look at the Pstage results? Am I tied to my desk at the office rather than having the joy of browsing through PStage in while listening to music at the hotel???

All advice welcome!!!!
Best Regards
Peter Nolan
www.peternolan.com
peternolan9
Participant

Re: Using PStage Offline to review analysis

Post by peternolan9 »

peternolan9 wrote:Hi All,
I am working for an Ascential Reseller and we have sold PStage. We have run a whole series of analysis work for the client on a machine at the client. However, I'd like to be able to copy the PStage database to my laptop and review the analysis done back at the hotel. (All comments related to 'get a life' will be ignored...;-) )

However, when I put the client on my laptop and not the message switch it gives the message 'message switch is unavailable' (of course) and any reads/etc of the database through PStage are really, really slow. I am guessing it is continually looking for the message switch.

Do I have to instal the message switch as well? Just to look at the Pstage results? Am I tied to my desk at the office rather than having the joy of browsing through PStage in while listening to music at the hotel???

All advice welcome!!!!
Hi All,
turns out the message switch is needed...I re-installed with that and my offline browsing is working just fine....

Another question. When I am back in the office and 'on-line' browsing just through another ODBC connection I get the error message below after only a few minutes of inactivity. We are using the ASCL Oracle Wire Driver to connect to an Oracle 9.2 PStage repository...
Anyone got any ideas?

String[1128]-2005-03-31 15:08:03

ADO - [DataDirect][ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver][Oracle]ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

String[1165]Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
String[1180]

String[1166]Provider
String[1153]-2147217895 - Object or data matching the name, range, or selection criteria was not found within the scope of this operation.
String[1168]

Thanks
Best Regards
Peter Nolan
www.peternolan.com