catlog function 'SQLColumns' can't get list of columns error

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

lebos
Participant

catlog function 'SQLColumns' can't get list of columns error

Post by lebos »

First, I am new to ProfileStage. So bear with me if this seems ignorant.

After creating a new PS "database" and importing some metadata during the process, I noticed that only 8 of the 12 tables I selected were actually imported. The other 4 had messages in the Process log like the following:

"3/24 15:38:18: \\SI30954\GenOdbc2Mxf: 5117 0 Unable to get list of columns using catalog function 'SQLColumns' on table 'TB_TASKDETAIL'."

The 8 that were successful had similar messages except that "SQLColumns" was replaced with "SQLStatistics". These 8 seem fine as I can do a Column Analysis on all of them. I noticed nothing amiss during the install, but could have missed something.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Larry
lebos
Participant

Post by lebos »

Just in case anybody else ever has this same problem.

Quoting from Ascential Support:

I have reviewed the log files and found the problem is caused by the Oracle odbc driver version you are using to connect to the PSD repository and loading the metadata. The error message:
SQL State : '22003'
Error Number: '-1'
-- Error text --
[Oracle][ODBC]Numeric value out of range. (SQL-22003)(DBD:
st_fetch/SQLFetch err=-1)"

The error message above is known issue with the native Oracle 9i odbc driver version.

Suggestion,:
1. Can you configure and use the Ascential Oracle wired protocol odbc driver when connecting to an Oracel PSDB repository and when loading the metadata from the source Oracle database.

This did indeed solve the problem.

Larry