Mutex error with only released jobs....Urgent..

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

rajiivnb
Participant

Mutex error with only released jobs....Urgent..

Post by rajiivnb »

Hi,

1. We are facing a problem in running released jobs through server edition. Its giving mutex error problem for the IPC stage. The same job is running fine with
non_released version i.e., the original job. Its throwing error only for the released version. we are sure that we released the exact job. I am noting down the
problems below with the error messages it shows while running. We increased the timout value also upto 512. Actually we loaded all the finished staus jobs into a new server and again we did a mass compile and we released the jobs. For some job which has only one trasformer and 2 hash lookups, its working fine. the job with 3 transformer stage with 6 hash lookups is throwing the mutex error. that too only the released jobs, the original jobs for the released jobs is working fine.
this is making my delivery late.. Can any one of you help me out inthis issue

Error message:

Fatal: ds_ipc_getnext - timeout waiting for mutex

(This the messages shown in DS Director)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not really sure what the connection with ProfileStage is here.

Have you sought advice from your support provider? Sounds like there's something odd about released jobs - maybe overheads associated with determining the actual release number.

Meantime, the workaround is to use non-released jobs. Use Version Control or other methods (search the forum) to make them read-only in the production environment.

Please don't use URGENT. No-one here makes any money from posting. If you want urgent response, sign up with a support provider for premium service, and find out the true cost of "urgent".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.