mutex error

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

sangvi
Participant

mutex error

Post by sangvi »

Hi,

1. We are facing a problem in running released jobs through server edition. Its giving mutex error problem for the IPC stage. The same job is running fine with
non_released version i.e., the original job. Its throwing error only for the released version. we are sure that we released the exact job. I am noting down the
problems below with the error messages it shows while running. We increased the timout value also upto 512.

Error message:

Fatal: ds_ipc_getnext - timeout waiting for mutex

(This the messages shown in DS Director)

Can any one of you help me out inthis issue
rkacham_DSX
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: mutex error

Post by rkacham_DSX »

Hi sangavi,

if your using more than one IPC in a job in the versions DS 7.0,7.1,
you will have mutex problem.

they have fixed this problem in 7.1r1 , 7.5 version. or you can apply a patch to fix this problem which is available from ascential.
Thanks

sangvi wrote:Hi,

1. We are facing a problem in running released jobs through server edition. Its giving mutex error problem for the IPC stage. The same job is running fine with
non_released version i.e., the original job. Its throwing error only for the released version. we are sure that we released the exact job. I am noting down the
problems below with the error messages it shows while running. We increased the timout value also upto 512.

Error message:

Fatal: ds_ipc_getnext - timeout waiting for mutex

(This the messages shown in DS Director)

Can any one of you help me out inthis issue