Message Switch error indicating switch not started.....

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Message Switch error indicating switch not started.....

Post by trokosz »

When I try to log into the PS client I get "Message switch is unavailable - please start the message switch service to allow analysis to be perform"....I need to know how to resolve this but feel I have tried the obvious....any ideas?

OK, I believe I have done the obvious....

1. The MGXPgmInit.ini, MGXSwitch.ini and ProfileStage.ini all have the same host of 149.111.117.3 and a port of 3070 so thats good...

2. Yes the MGXSwitch service is running...

3. Yes the MGXPgmInit.ctl status confirms the daemon is running..and I did stop and restart for kicks...

4. Yes, I can ping 149.111.117.3 successfully...

5. I do get an error when I run MGXAdmin being "Can't connect to 149.111.117.3 on 3070: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation"....could this be a sign to me? The ping worked but maybe where the switch is located has a possible firewall issue?
MaheshKumar Sugunaraj
Participant

Post by MaheshKumar Sugunaraj »

Where do you have the Database / Analysis Server ? , Please try to Restart the Server and should be resolved.

Hope thsi helps.

Thanks & Regards
Mahesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you got a firewall blocking access through port 3070?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kiran_418
Participant

Post by kiran_418 »

I guess the problem is with firewall. This happened to me too. When i disable the firewall i got it started.
rhys.jones@target.com
Participant

Posting on ADN Regarding PERL65.dll and MGXSwitch

Post by rhys.jones@target.com »

Hi,
There's an interesting post from one of IBM's employees on the ProfileStage forum over at ADN on this subject. Being a newbie to dsxchange, I'm not sure if it's "legal" to copy the ADN content over to here?? The gist is that basically there's a DLL version conflict with the Perl65.dll and Message Switch:

http://developernet.ascential.com/forum ... =9187#9187

I haven't verified this myself yet.

Has anyone had Message Switch just crash "for no apparent reason" in the middle of doing column analysis? It's happened to me several times now, and each time I just restart the service. (It's running on Win2K server.) But there are no errors logged anywhere that I can find (MGXSwitch.log, AnalysisServer job log, event viewer, etc)