Column Limits in ProfileStage

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

nitecryvl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Column Limits in ProfileStage

Post by nitecryvl »

In ProfileStage, is there a limit on the number of columns within a table that is being analyzed?

I am trying to do a column analysis on a number of Oracle tables. These tables are populated with source data from a COBOL mainframe system. Some of these tables have as much as 800+ columns. So far, on tables that has more than 300 columns, I get the following messages:

- Finished reading all rows of source data. Starting to analyze all distributions for table <XXXXXX>
- Unable to continue. Contact technical support.

My version of ProfileStage is 7.0.1 Build 15
Vince Lee
ETL Developer
Zions Bank
nitecryvl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem solved...

Post by nitecryvl »

It turns out that the problem was that the Oracle tablespace where ProfileStage is writting to is completely full. Once the DBA extended the tablespace, I was able to continue the analysis... :D

Apparently ProfileStage does not provide a warning when it encounters a failure to extend the tablespace. So this is something to keep in mind...

BTW, the latest version (7.0.2r1) of ProfileStage is much, much better. The client works much smoother and doesn't crash as often.
Vince Lee
ETL Developer
Zions Bank