IAADMIN returns Error 401 when importing a project

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

infodfs
Premium Member
Premium Member

IAADMIN returns Error 401 when importing a project

Post by infodfs »

When I'm importing a project back to IA DEV via IAADMIN, it returns Error 401, but no description with it. Could anyone tell me what the reason is to cause this error? I restarted my PC and also Ping the server with no problem. Thanks for help in advance.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Can you please provide the version you are using, and the command line (with the password x'd out) that you are using?
Regards,
Robert
infodfs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by infodfs »

The IA version is 8.7 and command line is as below:
iaadmin -user XXXXXXX -password XXXXXXXXXXX -host [host.name] -port 9080 -xml -getProject -projectName [project_name] -output C:\IBM\InformationServer87\temp\[file_name.xml]
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't know specifically what it means here but a "401" error is generally an authentication error, an "unauthorized" attempt to do something. Out of curiosity, does your user have the permissions it would need to do this?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

...also...
Your command line is to get project content, not import as you originally said. Is this the command line returning the error?

Is your install a Windows only install?

Can you login with the userid and password you specified in the command line?
Regards,
Robert
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... this is intermittent? Meaning you use the identical command line several times and it sometimes works and it sometimes fails? Or now that you've started to get the 401 error you can no longer do imports or exports? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
infodfs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by infodfs »

Yes, it's intermittent. I could do Import/Export this early morning, but I got Error 401 afterward. I just heard that our InfoSphere development environment had logon issues on BG and MW tools. Could it be related because of the issue on BG/MW tools?
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

LDAP or local ids?