Information Analyzer - can not analyze Oracle columns having

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

pradeep9081
Participant

Information Analyzer - can not analyze Oracle columns having

Post by pradeep9081 »

Hi,

We are trying to analyze the NVARCHAR columns using the information analyzer suite. But getting the below error: Information Analyzer - can not analyze Oracle columns having NVARCHAR data type.

I have searched in DSXchange but unfortunately I didnt find much information. There is one post which talks the same problem and marked as resolved with the solution as 'enabling NVARCHAR parameter from Infosphere suite admin'.

Please help us in resolving the issue and let us know how to enable NVARCHAR parameter in administrator?

Thanks in advance.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

What version (including fixpack level) are you running?
Regards,
Robert
pradeep9081
Participant

Re: Information Analyzer - can not analyze Oracle columns ha

Post by pradeep9081 »

Hi,

I'm running on 8.5 with fix pack 1.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Are you using ODBC? Maybe http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg1JR39265 will help. Fixed in Fixpack 2.
Regards,
Robert
pradeep9081
Participant

Post by pradeep9081 »

This error is from Information Analyzer suite. Not from Datastage designer. Is fix pack 2 will resolve even for IA suite ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Information Analyzer runs on the "DataStage" engine. Therefore Robert's suggestion may be apposite.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mkullberg
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mkullberg »

The solution is to update .odbc.ini with the setting below as used in the link, "How do I set up an ODBC DSN on UNIX or Linux?"
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... onfig.html

EnableNcharSupport=1

We enabled for both iadb and the profiled data source but probably only the latter is needed.