Reg: Promoting Information Analyzer Objects

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Madhumitha_Raghunathan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Reg: Promoting Information Analyzer Objects

Post by Madhumitha_Raghunathan »

Hi,

We are planning to promote IA objects from DEV to PROD just like any regular code. I am just trying to get my options straight for implementing this. Currently we use Harvest as a source control and we promote jobs through DSImportExportServices.sh through a script that reads dsx file from the source control. And we need to follow a similar approach for IA assets.

Following are the options I got to know of:
1. istools -- This allows us to import and export teh entire project but not specific rulesets
2. The import and export from IA console -- This creates the export files on the server and we need to build a process to bring it to source control and also the import will be manual.
3. IBM InfoSphere Information Server Manager -- This is an option i have seen on some posts but I am not able to see IA assets displayed. I am only able to see DataStage assets through this.

I would be grateful if anyone can suggest the best way out for me to automate this.
Thanks,
Madhumitha
Madhumitha_Raghunathan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Madhumitha_Raghunathan »

Hi,

Has anyone else faced this situation before? I would be grateful if you can tell me what kind of a promotion process you have for Information Analyzer.
Thanks,
Madhumitha
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Regards,
Robert
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Regards,
Robert