How to increase performance of Column Analysis

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

tanu2706
Participant

How to increase performance of Column Analysis

Post by tanu2706 »

Hi,

I am trying to improve the performance of Column Analysis in Information Analyzer, have increased the number of nodes also but the performance is the same.

Can someone suggest me few ways of improving the performance of the Column Analysis?

Thanks,
Tanu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not really. Column Analysis performs a huge amount of work. You can verify this by monitoring your Engine while Column Analysis is running.

Some people like to profile fewer columns at a time to give the illusion of faster completion, but the total time is roughly the same.

Of course, you can elect only to profile the columns that are genuinely of interest. For example, profiling a column called COMMENTS or NOTES is not likely to yield very much useful information.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tanu2706
Participant

Post by tanu2706 »

Hi,

I am not able to read your reply. It says Premium content.

Can you please replay again on that?

Thanks,
Tanu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Premium membership is the funding model that keeps DSXchange alive. Notice the lack of advertising?

Premium membership is not expensive, at less than 30c per day. All of the premium membership revenue goes towards hosting and bandwidth costs of DSXchange.

I counsel that you obtain a premium membership. Ask anyone who has one - the benefits are worth the small cost.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.