Notes

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ray.wurlod
Participant

Notes

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does anyone happen to know whether there's a way of dumping all the notes in an IA project into a single report? The notes, all the notes, and nothing but the notes.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

That kind of relates to the question I added into this topic...

viewtopic.php?t=142146&

If you run the Column Summary, Notes Detail report, you get 77 pages of junk thrown in with the notes.

---

The IA HTTP API does not provide any options or XML having IA notes.

---

If I query XMETA, I find a few tables related to NOTES, and I can see they contain my IA notes because of the type and status values in the records.

INVESTIGATE_XMETAGEN_NOTESTATUSEC1481DF

INVESTIGATE_XMETAGEN_NOTETYPEEC1481DF

Then they contain row ID pointers or some such thing to some place is who-knows-where. Maybe you will figure it out...

---

The closest thing I found that wasn't cryptic is this IBM tech note from 8.5 in 2011:

JR40391: IA ENHANCEMENT REQUEST TO ADD "ABILITY TO GET NOTES"

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg1JR40391
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Have you tried metadata workbench? The Database Column object has a Notes object attached to it. Could this be published Information Analyzer notes? You could write a query that only returned columns that had content in the notes field.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Good thought. Alas customer does not (yet) have MWB. But I'll try it myself, maybe can convert into an opportunity.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Under 8.7 licensing if they get Metadata Workbench they also get Metadata Asset Manager and since it's the cheapest of the Information Server products it's good value. Asset Manager is important for an IA user, when it imports and stages new metadata it will list the tables and columns that have changed so you can go back and redo the profiling for those assets.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Following on from qt_ky, ASCLMODEL_ANNOTATIONB1C497CE (for v8.5.0 with an oracle repository) is where it all lives.

- Column notes are linked from DataCollection -> DataField -> ColumnAnalysisMaster -> An notation
- Table notes are linked from DataCollection -> TableAnalysisMaster -> Annotation