Performance problems on large project?

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

vmcburney
Participant

Performance problems on large project?

Post by vmcburney »

Having a problem where an Information Analyzer project with hundreds of data rules is taking a long time to open and navigate while a brand new project opens instantly. Has anyone noticed slower response times for Information Analyzer as metadata is imported and profiling and data rules are added? Are there any performance tuning techniques available? Is it better to break it into smaller projects.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I've had a PMR open on that exact problem for some time, in version 8.5. Support recommended to apply fix pack 1 and then the newest IA rollup patch (I think it was RU4) on top of 8.5 FP1. I saw an APAR listed in the IA RU3 patch that described the interface performance issue. We're instead migrating to 8.7 which includes all that, and is supposed to have much improved UI performance in areas outside of IA as well.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius