XML Table Def Import - Invalid attribute restriction

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

rstemphowski
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML Table Def Import - Invalid attribute restriction

Post by rstemphowski »

I am trying to Import an XSD table definition and I am receiving the following error:

Invalid attribute restriction. An error occured at file:file2.xsd, (4149,6)

I am selecting file1.xsd which includes file2.xsd. file2.xsd includes file3.xsd and so on, nesting about 5 files this way. I see absolutely nothing wrong with the attribute statement:

<xsd:attribute name="ConfirmedDate" type="Date_SimpleType" use="optional">
<xsd:annotation>
<xsd:documentation>The date that an FMS system or service electronically records or confirms a transaction.</xsd:documentation>
</xsd:annotation>
</xsd:attribute>

Interestingly, this is the 801st attribute defined in the xsd's, from the first to the second where it gets the error. I'm thinking that there is a limit set to 800 somewhere that I need to increase but I am not aware of any limits.

How can I get past this problem?

I have not been able to find a similar problem either here or on the interenet anywhere.

Thanks,
Bob
Robert Stemphowski
Senior DataStage Consultant
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

What exact release of DataStage and what method are you using to do the import? (Import...TableDefinitions....XML Definitions.... -or- The Library Manager of 8.5 and 8.7) ?

If it's 8.5 or lower, create or find a fully populated instance document instead, and do your import on that. You should still be able to use the xsd for validation purposes, but can get your metadata for elements and attributes just fine from the xml doc.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
rstemphowski
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rstemphowski »

I'm using version 8.1, Import, Table Defs, XML Table Defs
Robert Stemphowski
rstemphowski
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rstemphowski »

Although my id shows as premium, I am not. I have not yet renewed my membership.

To Ernie...could you possibly make the premium content of your response viewable to me as a standard member?

Thanks,
Bob
Robert Stemphowski