Environment for Information Analyzer and QuailtyStage

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

chuarkai
Participant

Environment for Information Analyzer and QuailtyStage

Post by chuarkai »

Dear experts

I am now in the stage to define the hardware (environments - development, QA1, QA2 and Performance Test and Production) as well to determine if we need to have separate LPAR for each software or not to procure hardware and software from IBM.

The software are Information Analyzer (IA), QualityStage (QS), DataStage with Metadata Workbench version 8.5 or later

Our SI vendor now recommends that we should have Development, QA1, QA2 and Perf test, and Production separately for IA and QS (DataStage definitely need to separate).

I have done some data profiling and data quality at the PoC level before but not with this IBM InfoSphere suite.

Please help me confirm that:-
1. IA and QS (in batch mode not real-time QS) don't need those environments but only need one environment to process the data to produce the output either Profiling result or Cleaned data and rules. There is no develoopment, testing, UAT and Production concept for them at all.
2. IA, QS and DS and Metadata Workbench share the same repository, not separated ones.

Thank you.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

1. You probably don't need test environments for IA, but you might consider having a production environment for IA separate from development, so that you can use baseline and checkpoint analyses to monitor data quality over time in the production database(s).

1. You probably do need the full software development lifecycle for QualityStage - at least for the standardization, match and survive phases.

2. All tools in the Information Server suite (not just the four you mentioned) share a common metadata repository - however DataStage and QualityStage also have a local (project) metadata repository which is where, for example, you might place the table definitions for Data Sets used for staging between QualityStage jobs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chuarkai
Participant

Post by chuarkai »

Thank you so much, Ray always the best answer from you.

Unfortunately I can read only the first two line, as your answer got truncated by the commercial membership. Will see how to fix this.