Column Analysis state inconsistent

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

dqm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Column Analysis state inconsistent

Post by dqm »

Hi all,

I've got a bit of a nasty one here and was wondering if someone had some ideas on how to clear it.

I started to run column analysis a table. Not a big table, would have taken 15 minutes normally. After waiting much longer than normal, I figure something is wrong.

I shut down and restart the IA client in case it's a UI glitch, but it still shows In Progress.
Director has no record of the job that failed.

I hunt around some more and discover that they have logging switched on in the DB and it filled up the tablespace. The DBA has fixed that, so I can profile other tables.

The table that was affected by the DB issue won't profile now.
The job is long gone, but it still shows up in IA as In Progress and any further attempts to run column analysis return quickly in IA with no progress.

iasServer-server1.log reports:

Error [IBM-IA-SERVER] [] ColumnAnalysisServiceBridge.java:294 *** Column is already being profiled for ec1481df.c862f974.iu8ismkhb.b214km8.7aa315.1ltvk811r78jau1seov2k

I have tried to delete the metadata in the hope it remove the entries from the repository and I could then reload the metadata and try again, but no luck.

Is there a way I can clear the status to allow me to re-run the analysis?
ulab
Participant

Post by ulab »

is there a resolution for this issue?
Ulab----------------------------------------------------
help, it helps you today or Tomorrow
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Hi,

You can try to restart Information Server. Other than that, I suggest you contact your support provider.
Regards,
Robert