Accessing, using IADB

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

truenorth
Participant

Accessing, using IADB

Post by truenorth »

I am new at a project that wants to access and use the results of any IA analysis. For instance, after a referential integrity analysis, we may want to link invalid FKs to another table. Has anyone out there done something like this and can give me guidance?

Thanks in advance.
Todd Ramirez
Sr Consultant, Data Quality
San Antonio TX
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Usually you detect a referential integrity problem in IA and then do something about it in DataStage. So a DataStage job processing the data would dump the bad rows into an exception file or table. I'm not sure whether you can crack IADB to find the exception keys.
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

Thanks, Vincent. Yes, I've done it that way before, but now this new project wants to use the IADB directly, if possible.
Todd Ramirez
San Antonio TX
datisaq
Participant

Post by datisaq »

IADB and XMETA are the repositories, and the developer won't be having any read permissions to it to access it...
IBM Certified - Information Server 8.1
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

Thanks, datisaq.
Todd Ramirez
San Antonio TX
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

datisaq wrote:IADB and XMETA are the repositories, and the developer won't be having any read permissions to it to access it...
What about an external app such as Oracle BI...can it have read permission? I am trying to avoid having to export analysis results to a file and loading the file into Oracle.
tcj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tcj »

If you set up a new user with read only access on the database server which xmeta has been setup on then yes you can use Oracle BI.

Have you looked at the table names which information analyzer uses to store the results?
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

No, I haven't. Are they cryptic?

Actually, IA v8.1.2 is still being installed/configured in our shop so I don't even have access to it yet.
tcj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tcj »

Yes they are cryptic which makes it hard sometimes to figure out what result table belongs to which business rule profile.

Oh just a heads up on a feature/bug/issue that you might hit if you are profiling an Oracle database. When you run a report on the output of a business rule profiling job that includes a field defined as a number. The value in the report will come out as a exponential number. It has to do with how the 3rd party ODBC drivers import the data.

You will need to write a script which will change the field type in the business rule profiling result tables in the xmeta database to get around this problem. I can't remember if it was Decimal to number.

Tim
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

Thanks for the info, Tim. When it happens I'd know the workaround.