New install, Key and Relationship Analysis not available

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

truenorth
Participant

New install, Key and Relationship Analysis not available

Post by truenorth »

We have a brand new install of IS and having issues. I want to conduct a referential integrity/FK analysis in IA. After doing Column Analysis and XDomain, the option Key and Relationship Analysis is not visible when I click on Investigate.

Using IA 8.1.1.

Thanks in advance.
Todd Ramirez
Sr Consultant, Data Quality
San Antonio TX
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

I believe you need also to have completed Table Analysis before these analyses become available.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

Thanks for the welcome and response. Terminologies may have been changed between versions. "Table Analysis" is a concept that doesn't seem to exist anymore in 8.x. I had done Column Analysis on all tables and columns, which I believe is a foundation for many other analyses.

Can you kindly clarify please?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

OK, another little idiosyncracy that might be biting you is that you have to mark each phase as reviewed (whether or not that's true) before the product will allow you to move on.

I can't check 8.1.1 just yet - hope to have one installed next week.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

Did those, Ray, but I think I have found a round-about way to RI/FKA (not as the documentation says, i.e., click Investigate, Key and Relationship Analysis). Instead, I clicked on Investigate, Key and Cross-Domain, then selected the base column, paired column, and found the RI space.

Again, the menu options and terminologies may have evolved. What the documentation says Key and Relationship Analysis may now be Key and Cross-Domain Analysis.

I still feel the software either was not installed correctly at our shop, or it is buggy. I am still unable to View RI results. I can run RI, but not view its results. This is one of many frustrating things. The interface is also confusing.

Thanks for your responses, Ray.