Routine getting aborted

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Althaf6553
Participant

Routine getting aborted

Post by Althaf6553 »

Hi ,

I have a routine activity which picks up a date from a dataset and passes the same to the next job as a parameter.Both my job and routine are added sequentially in the same sequence job.I am calling the routine through a routine activity stage in a sequence job.please find below the routine code(in Basic)

/******************************************************
Sources=' '
FNAME=ARG1
OpenSeq FNAME To SourceVar Then
End
ReadSeq SourceLine from SourceVar
Then
Sources=SourceLine
end
close SourceVar

Ans=Sources
**************************************************/
Note :FName is file path that we pass through sequence parameters

Routine is returning the exact value what i require and is passing it on to the next job.But the problem i face here is ,even though my routine returns a correct value the director shows me the following error messages

"JobControl (@rtGetPartition_Date): Routine DSU.rtGetPartitionDateKey did not finish OK, return code = '2009-02-18' "

" JobControl (@rtGetPartition_Date): Controller problem: Unhandled failure (2009-02-18) encountered calling routine DSU.rtGetPartitionDateKey."

In the sequence properties ,If i check the check box against "Automatically handle activities that fail" the sequence gets aborted due to this routine error
please let me know how i can rectify the error that i am getting because of this routine activity.

Please help

Regards
Althaf
Althaf
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How, precisely, is this an Information Analyzer problem?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Althaf6553
Participant

Routine getting aborted

Post by Althaf6553 »

Apologies Ray, I have reposted it in the right forum.

please help
Althaf
skoda51
Participant

Re: Routine getting aborted

Post by skoda51 »

Althaf6553 wrote:Hi ,

I have a routine activity which picks up a date from a dataset and passes the same to the next job as a parameter.Both my job and routine are added sequentially in the same sequence job.I am calling the routine through a routine activity stage in a sequence job.please find below the routine code(in Basic)

/******************************************************
Sources=' '
FNAME=ARG1
OpenSeq FNAME To SourceVar Then
End
ReadSeq SourceLine from SourceVar
Then
Sources=SourceLine
end
close SourceVar

Ans=Sources
**************************************************/
Note :FName is file path that we pass through sequence parameters

Routine is returning the exact value what i require and is passing it on to the next job.But the problem i face here is ,even though my routine returns a correct value the director shows me the following error messages

"JobControl (@rtGetPartition_Date): Routine DSU.rtGetPartitionDateKey did not finish OK, return code = '2009-02-18' "

" JobControl (@rtGetPartition_Date): Controller problem: Unhandled failure (2009-02-18) encountered calling routine DSU.rtGetPartitionDateKey."

In the sequence properties ,If i check the check box against "Automatically handle activities that fail" the sequence gets aborted due to this routine error
please let me know how i can rectify the error that i am getting because of this routine activity.

Please help

Regards
Althaf
Hi, did you get any answer for this.
I got the same problem when I used "Routine Activity". When I changed it to
"User Variables Activity" the warning disappered.
The work went well no matter what was used, only the warning was the difference.
Why, still mystery to me, do You know by now..?
BR esa.salminen@if.fi
esa salminen
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You are still in the wrong place for this. Go here instead, the "reposted in the right forum" version.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers