Information Analyzer Client

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

MukundShastri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Information Analyzer Client

Post by MukundShastri »

Hi,

We have the Information Server installed on unix. The clients machine ( desktops ) do show an icon for ' Console for IBM Information Server' on the desktop. Is it the same client to be used for Information Analyzer or there is a separate client installation required for Information Analyzer.

The Installations were done by IBM an year back when some other team was involved. Hence we are not sure about the currently available installations. The question therefore is asked above.

Thanks

Mukund
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are usually two icons. "Web console" is for Information Analyzer, while "Console" is the one for Information Analyzer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

Mukund,

The icon 'Console for IBM Information Server' is for Information Analyzer and you need to use isadmin id initially to setup.

Good Luck,

Aruna.
MukundShastri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MukundShastri »

What are the setting we are expected to do with isadmin id ?

I believe it is to create the project, connection with data source.

Do we need isadmin id to fetch metadata from the source ?

Thanks

Mukund
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, provided that you have set up other users with appropriate Information Analyzer credentials in Information Server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.