Message Switch is unavailable!!!!!

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

msarkar00
Participant

Message Switch is unavailable!!!!!

Post by msarkar00 »

installed the profile stage and when I login, it gives me following error message:

"Message Switch is unavailable - please start the message switch service to allow analysis to be performed"

I tried to start MGXSWitch service manually but It starts and immediately stops. It gives following message:

"The MGXSwitch service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service."

I've installed all components on my machine. I followed the installation documents that provides the instruction for installing all the Components on One Machine.

I have tried this a number of times tried to reinstall it but invain.

The MGXSwitch.ini file contains:

[Setup]

CallerVersion=n.n.n

InstallDir=C:\Ascential\ProfileStage\MessageSwitch

VerboseMode=N

LogFileMode=CREATE

LogFile=C:\Ascential\ProfileStage\MessageSwitch\MGXSwitch.log

ErrorFile=C:\Ascential\ProfileStage\MessageSwitch\MGXSwitch.err

Debug=N

[MessageSwitch]

MessageSwitchPort=3070

MaxQueueSize=10

MaxJobPendingWait=300

MaxPendedRetries=3

MinJobQueueCheckInterval=45

MemCheckThresholdMin=2

I had a Perl56.dll in C:\Program Files\MKS Toolkit\mksnt folder..I read somewhere that while installing profilestage an updated cersion of this dll is extracted.

Could anyone help pls??
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
First thing coming to mind is, do you have a firewall that might be brining the service down?
This process won't stop if it has no work (at least it shouldn't stop)
I Hope This Helps (IHTH),
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is your PSDB Oracle and on a different server?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
msarkar00
Participant

Post by msarkar00 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Is your PSDB Oracle and on a different server? ...
The PSDB is in the SQL SERVER 2000 which is installed in my machine..THE SQL SERVER,profilestage client,message switch,and analysis server are in the same machine.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

OK, its' just that there was a known issue with the remote Oracle PSDB. Does the problem go away when you re-boot the server - that is, does Message Switch auto-start? If not, is there anything in its log file that might give a clue? Is there anything posted in its error file? Do you have port 3070 properly recorded in the services file (%WINNT_ROOT%\System32\drivers\etc\services)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
msarkar00
Participant

Post by msarkar00 »

ray.wurlod wrote:OK, its' just that there was a known issue with the remote Oracle PSDB. Does the problem go away when you re-boot the server - that is, does Message Switch auto-start? If not, is there anything in ...
The problem does not get solved while we reboot the server too..The messageswitch service cannot start and that is the prob..