regarding connection to profile stage

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

vijaykumar
Participant

regarding connection to profile stage

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi,
actually iam working on access databases,first step i did was using connection manger connected the repository, used the odbc that was defined while installing profile stage.After that used the load metadata option, the meta data is loading.But couldn't connect to access databases.
my server is sqlserver.i couldn't understand the problem.Iam created odbc for accessdatabases.iam stuck on this problem.Tried several ways but couldn't fix out.Urgent reply is sincerely appreciated.

cheers;
vijay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What error message (precisely) is logged?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vijaykumar
Participant

plz reply urgent

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi,
iam not able to select the access databases in the connection manager, which iam working on.i created a dsn using access driver and used that dsn to connect.In the psdb i used the dsn which we create while installing the software.but iam not able to select my access databases.

cheers;
vijay
vijaykumar
Participant

error message

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi,
it comes up with the message load metadata process is halted.

cheers;
dileep
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did you create a user DSN or a system DSN? User DSNs are not selected by the client software.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

i created system dsn. i need to wwwork on access databases.This is what i have given.
IN THE CONNECTION MANAGER.
CONNECTION TYPE IS REPOSITORY WHICH IS DEFAULT.
DATASOURCE NAME IS PSDB WHICH IS THE DSN CREATED BY PROFILE STAGE WHILE INSTALLING, WHICH IS CONNECTED TO SQL SERVER.
IN THE LOAD METADATA I CREATED NEW DSN WHICH I CREATED BY USING ACCESS DATABASES.THE THING IS THAT IAM NOT ABLE TO SELECT ACCESS DATABASES, ANY BODY PLZ HELP ME OUT.

CHEERS;
VIJAY
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

HI,
IN THE LOAD METADATA I CREATED SYSTEM DSN USING ACCESS DRIVERS.I DIDN'T CLEARLY MENTION IN MY PREVIOUS POST.

CHEERS;
VIJAY
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Etiquette Note
Please don't "shout" (use all upper case), as it is offensive. I do not have the benefit of being able to see what you're doing, so am perforce obliged to ask questions in what I believe to be a systematic diagnostic process. If you would like me to visit your site to diagnose the problem I would be happy to quote to provide this service.

Is the Message Switch running? Is there anything pertinent in its log?
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

hi,
i need to work on access databases.my problem is iam not able to intialize them.

IN THE CONNECTION MANAGER.
CONNECTION TYPE IS REPOSITORY WHICH IS DEFAULT.
DATASOURCE NAME IS PSDB WHICH IS THE DSN CREATED BY PROFILE STAGE WHILE INSTALLING, WHICH IS CONNECTED TO SQL SERVER.
IN THE LOAD METADATA I CREATED NEW DSN WHICH I CREATED BY USING ACCESS DATABASES.THE THING IS THAT IAM NOT ABLE TO SELECT ACCESS DATABASES, ANY BODY PLZ HELP ME OUT.

CHEERS;
VIJAY
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Etiquette Note
Please don't "shout" (use all upper case), as it is offensive. I do not have the benefit of being able to see what you're doing, so am perforce obliged to ask questions in what I believe to be a systematic diagnostic process. Your failure to answer reasonable questions does not help.

Is the Message Switch running? Is there anything pertinent in its log?

This question is asked because all requests to and from the client and to and from the PSDB are passed through the Message Switch.

Further Etiquette Note
If you "shout" one more time I shall cease to respond on this thread.