Cannot Import Cobol CopyBook

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

pneumalin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Cannot Import Cobol CopyBook

Post by pneumalin »

Hi Everyone,
Did anyone bump into this error as following:
>>>>>>>>>
I have ecountered another problem to import the Cobol
Copy book. I can import the first big file to view the
source in PS, but when I import the second smaller
file, the Complettion window never comes back when I
press the "Create" button. And therefore I cannot
create the data source for that file. Any Idea?
How can I provide you more information for this
problem, is this related to current problem with PS
installtion?

I have done further analysis on it over the weekend, and found out the fact:
In Cobol CopyBook definition widow:
1. I can put down the CFD Path and Source File Location to "import" the tables successfully. To prove it, I can Double-Click on table name to see the MetaData definition without error.
2. I tried both options of Check and Uncheck "Overwrite Existing DSN", but the moment I clicked "Create", the Process Windows show up with delays of 50 seconds and the Last Line of it shows "Prog ID=0" and the process stops and the Completion window never shows up, which is very different from any other Process Status always reporting a valid ProG ID=56, the process continue to completion window.
<<<<<<<<<<<

I opened this problem with IBM, but noone answers yet? Thought someone might have a ckue?

Thanks advanced..
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Try to check if its an issue with the copybook. Try to edit the copy book and eliminate columns one by one. Make sure you maintaining the total length of the file.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
pneumalin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pneumalin »

Kumar,
I use the same copybook definition in Ascential Text Driver definition, and I can import them as a database without problem. However, it fails when I am trying to import this CopyBook directly from Import->Prepare ODBC Text Definition.
Thanks for the response!
I will post the response from IBM once I get something from them.