How do I rename a project?

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

vmcburney
Participant

How do I rename a project?

Post by vmcburney »

I have imported the prebuilt rules for Information Analyzer and it has put them into a default project with a stupid project name. Now I want to rename that project, how do I do it? I tried Project Properties but Project Name is grayed out. I tried export and import but there is no way to rename a project in that process (ridiculous). I can go back and rename the project in the original XML rules file but that will mean losing some changes.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The project is a DataStage project, which means that it's also an account name and a schema name and probably recorded in myriad locations in XMETA and maybe even XMETASR if you're using version 8.7.

Probably easiest is create a new, empty DataStage project, export everything from ANALYZERPROJECT, import into the new project, and finally change analysis settings to point to the new project. IADB should not be affected.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Try using the command line IAAdmin with -xml -getProject to get the project in XML format. Change the name in the XML file and then run IAAdmin with -create -ProjectContent to create your new project.
Regards,
Robert
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Try using the command line IAAdmin with

Code: Select all

-xml -getProject
to get the project in XML format. Change the name in the XML file and then run IAAdmin with

Code: Select all

-create -ProjectContent
to create your new project.
Regards,
Robert