the irony of a non-severe system error

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

the irony of a non-severe system error

Post by qt_ky »

We have an IA failure and I found this fatal job log entry in the IA DataStage project, which caused the job to abort:

Event type:Fatal
pxbridge,0: SQLFetch reported: SQLSTATE = 58004: Native Error Code = -901: Msg = [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/AIX64] SQL0901N The SQL statement failed because of a non-severe system error. Subsequent SQL statements can be processed. (Reason "Negative output data length".) SQLSTATE=58004

We are opening a PMR on this failure and the negative output data length.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not as good as "No keyboard detected. Press F2 to continue".
:lol:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

There once was an old version of Crystal/BO where the install wizard said, "Click Finish to begin the installation." It actually had a Finish button that started the process. :oops:
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

We were encountered various unusual errors related to SQL Server 2008 data types mismatched or not identified correctly by the DataDirect ODBC driver that's bundled with Information Server 8.5. I've tested much of the same using newer DataDirect 6.1 drivers bundled with Information Server 8.7 and am not seeing issues there.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You also click Finish to begin saving an "import from CSV" in FastTrack, at least in version 8.7.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.