save Derivation

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

DINAKAR
Participant

save Derivation

Post by DINAKAR »

Hi,

I am new to datastage, earlier worked on some other ETL tools, I have develoed a job in which I am populating to a target file with 1000 columns. I have few set of rules which will populate say 200 columns of this file with after applying some business rules and rest 800 columns I will set to NULL. Question here is target file metadata keeps on changing from time to time since projects is in early stages, problem I am facing is whenever target metadata gets changed, I will load it in output of transformer, it will erase all rules I have written in transfomer. Is there any effective solution to this? Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

This forum is for WebSphere Transformation Extender. Is that the product that you are using?

If not, please post in the DataStage Enterprise Edition forum.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DINAKAR
Participant

Post by DINAKAR »

My mistake, apologize for the inconvinience caused. have posted at correct place now. Thank you!