Target not available - HELP

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ysw
Participant

Target not available - HELP

Post by ysw »

Hi
I am new to DSTX and I am trying to run a map that takes data from a text file and writes it to a database table. I created the output card type tree from a table in the .mdq file. I am picking Database as the target, I don't know what to use for command, I have tried several options w/o success. I have filled out the DatabaseQueryFile section with .mdq file, database name and table name. I went through every solution in the Datastage tutorial and I can't find one example using database as target.
Can someone please, please supply me with a step by step example on how to use database as the target. I am using the ODBC adapter and version DSTX7.5
rep
Participant

Post by rep »

ODBC to what type of database? Oracle? Access?

Once you set up the ODBC via Windows, can you "test connection" successfully?
rep
Participant

Re: Target not available - HELP

Post by rep »

First you set up the ODBC, then you open the mdq and point to that ODBC.

If you did build your type tree from the table via the MDQ, you're halfway there. Once you can see the table in the MDQ file, you want to set the update key's first, then build the type tree.

You point your output card to the type tree you just build, select "DataBase" as the adapter type, fill in the mdg file name, database and table. The only two adapter commands you want are -UPATE and -T for the trace file. Run the map and see what the trace file says. Post it here if you can't figure it out.
jvmerc
Participant

Post by jvmerc »

Make sure you point to your MDQ file and table when defining your output card. Also, on the command line you can add a trace command '-t' that will provide a little info on why you may be having a connection problem.

When building your type tree for the specified table in DBID make sure you define any update keys.