Datastage TX 7.5.0 Card Editing

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

manniej
Participant

Datastage TX 7.5.0 Card Editing

Post by manniej »

Hi. I'm new to this forums and hoping that somebody can help me in my problem with using Datastage TX 7.5. When I do change input file setting and save, the setting is not really being saved. I rebuild, save and reran the map but the input source file is still the previous file. Is there something on this application that I need to setup? Thanks for any help.
rep
Participant

Post by rep »

A few files are created when you build a map; .mmc, .mopt, .bak, etc.

Delete everything except the mms and rebuild again.
manniej
Participant

Post by manniej »

Thanks for the respond but I found the answer to my problem. I'm quite new in using version 7.5 so I'm used to just single click the map name in order to edit the cards. The trick really is to double click the map name during edit and make sure all input and output cards are visible in the designer.
jvmerc
Participant

Post by jvmerc »

I've seen this happen before. Not sure if it's the map tool or the machine. Try closing the map, clean up all of the extranious files. reopen the map, point to the input file and press enter, save and reopen the input card to make sure it's still pointing to the new file then compile. After you compile lok for file map_name.mme and make sure it is size '0'. If not there was a problem with your build.