Problem during mapping

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Vishal1982
Participant

Problem during mapping

Post by Vishal1982 »

Hi All,
I have some problem during use of Map Designer.
For Ex: I have dimension tables called Employee(Empid,Empname) and Department(DeptID,DeptName) in datawarehouse,one source table which contain columns from Employee and Department as well as additional of it's own.I have target table which is a staging area which contain columns from source table and some boolean value columns.for example(empname_bit,deptname_bit)I want to extract the value into this target columns as either 0 or 1,here the condition is that if Empname of source is exist into the Employee dimension table then value in Empname_bit should be load as 1 and if not then value should be 0,So i wanted to confirm whether we can do this kind of transformation at row level or at DB level in Map Designer.

Thanks in Advance.
IBM Websphere Datastage Certified Professional
rep
Participant

Post by rep »

You should be able to handle this.

I used to have a system where;

A nurse fills out a form, including an ID field, and sends the info as a Word Document. A VB program saves it as text file, and my system gets it.

I do a DB look up to a table, DBLOOKUP() , to see if the nurses ID is present. If it is NOT, I check another table. If it IS in the second table, I put it in the first table. This was done all through one map with multiple output cards.

I run an SQL statment against the first table using the "DBLOOKUP()" function, then based on the value returned, I would go against the second table, etc.

It seems this is what you want to do;

IF( DBLOOKUP(SQL STATMENT) > "", 0, 1) (Greater then null)
rep
Participant

Post by rep »

You should be able to handle this.

I used to have a system where;

A nurse fills out a form, including an ID field, and sends the info as a Word Document. A VB program saves it as text file, and my system gets it.

I do a DB look up to a table, DBLOOKUP() , to see if the nurses ID is present. If it is NOT, I check another table. If it IS in the second table, I put it in the first table. This was done all through one map with multiple output cards.

I run an SQL statment against the first table using the "DBLOOKUP()" function, then based on the value returned, I would go against the second table, etc.

It seems this is what you want to do;

IF( DBLOOKUP(SQL STATMENT) > "", 0, 1) (Greater then null)