Problem in Job monitoring

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

RAJARP
Participant

Problem in Job monitoring

Post by RAJARP »

Hi ,
I am facing a strange problem while running a job; the job is showing as 'Running' in Director window.But while monitoring I dont see any processing, I just see the stages/link names in the job monitor and Black colour square boxes(usually green/blue when a job is running).

Similarly, when I run a job from Designer, I dont see any processing. But the job is jus ideal in designer but its actually running.

What could be the possible reason ? How should I solve it ?

Please suggest !

Thanks,
Raja
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

This should be posted in the PX forum, TX is a completely different product.

What sort of processing does your job do? If you have a database select that takes a while, or sorts or other possible slow processing stages you might not see any updates.
RAJARP
Participant

Post by RAJARP »

Sorry!! I posted in the wrong forum!!! Have reposted in the PX forum

Thanks.
maltu
Participant

Post by maltu »

ArndW wrote:This should be posted in the PX forum, TX is a completely different product.

What sort of processing does your job do? If you have a database select that takes a while, or sorts or other possible slow processing stages you might not see any updates.
I'm having a socket connection failure issue when doing a HTTP post within mercator6.5, would you know how to go about it?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Mea Culpa, my fault in assuming that this was PX problem. I've never used TX so cannot help, sorry.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It was when you replied, Arnd, this is a completely unrelated hijack by a new poster... but at least it's in the right forum. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rep
Participant

Post by rep »

maltu wrote:I'm having a socket connection failure issue when doing a HTTP post within mercator6.5, would you know how to go about it?
Can you post a trace file here for the HTTP adapter (m4http.mtr) ?
maltu
Participant

Post by maltu »

chulett wrote:It was when you replied, Arnd, this is a completely unrelated hijack by a new poster... but at least it's in the right forum. :wink:
sorry about the hijack, i had difficulty opening a new thread. Would i need a certain amount of earned credits before i can open a new thread?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, you should be able to create a new post right away as long as you're registered and not in as a 'guest'. If you still need help, post over in the Site/Forums forum and we'll see what we can do. And it's ok to hijack one over there as long as you explain why you needed to. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers