Upgrade TX Maps from 8.0 to 8.2

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Kumar1234
Participant

Upgrade TX Maps from 8.0 to 8.2

Post by Kumar1234 »

Hello All,

What are the things need to be take care when we are upgrading our TX Maps from 8.0 to 8.2.

Maps will run on MF.

Thanks
Kumar
Thanks...Kumar
rep
Participant

Re: Upgrade TX Maps from 8.0 to 8.2

Post by rep »

All that needs to be done is to rebuild the type trees in the new version, save, and compile maps. You can use the deployment of the maps to the server with launcher to rebuild them.

All files (msl, mms) when opened in the new version will ask or tell you that it's upgrading to the new version. So basically, open, save, and you're upgraded.
Kumar1234
Participant

Post by Kumar1234 »

Thanks Rep for your valuable inputs. As an additional responsibility they want me to do an installation process on Z/OS as well. (I mean upgrading the software). Do any special care needs to be taken care off ? or What is the process ?
Thanks...Kumar
rep
Participant

Post by rep »

I've only installed on Unix and Windows, not Z/OS, but it was nothing more then running the install software and selecting an install directory. Once you do that, you add the systems to the launcher on the Z/OS box, but I have no idea how that works on that type of box. Check the release notes for the new version.
Kumar1234
Participant

Post by Kumar1234 »

Thank you so much for all your help
Thanks...Kumar