EDI/HIPAA solution

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

datastagenewbie
Participant

EDI/HIPAA solution

Post by datastagenewbie »

Has anyone implemented the EDI/HIPAA solutions? Can you share some info on this topic.

Thanks
maltu
Participant

Re: EDI/HIPAA solution

Post by maltu »

That is a pretty generic Q. Hipaa solution varies depending on which version of mercator/Datastage TX is being used. Also which transactions apart from 837flavors, 27x are being used. I would say its mostly business driven. Do you have any real time transactions like 27x and NCPDP5.1?

I would start with the complete data flow, end to end and get familiar with associated maps and functionality of them if i were to don a support/development role within the implementation team.

hope it helps.
rep
Participant

Post by rep »

datastagenewbie wrote:Has anyone implemented the EDI/HIPAA solutions? Can you share some info on this topic.

Thanks

Some version of the WTX come with a Compliance Checker, which will validate HIPAA data on all the different levels (X12, HIPAA, Balancing, code set). It's been a while since I worked with HIPAA.
rep
Participant

Post by rep »

datastagenewbie wrote:Has anyone implemented the EDI/HIPAA solutions? Can you share some info on this topic.

Thanks

Some version of the WTX come with a Compliance Checker, which will validate HIPAA data on all the different levels (X12, HIPAA, Balancing, code set). It's been a while since I worked with HIPAA.