User profile not calling setup or envsetup

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

mercenthus
Participant

User profile not calling setup or envsetup

Post by mercenthus »

Hi,

Will it our application have any problems if the .profile of the user that mercator uses to execute does not call the mercator "setup" or bin/envsetup? I discovered we don't have this call in the .profile, but the application has been running fine for about a year now.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. You appear to have answered your own question.

Whether that answer generalizes to all things that you might wish to do with TX is another question entirely.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mercenthus
Participant

Post by mercenthus »

Hi Ray,

Do you mean that it doesn't really matter that $MERC_HOME_DIR and $MERC_TMP_DIR are not set? We have a value for $LD_LIBRARY_PATH though.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, and you have a value for PATH. That and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are fundamental to most applications, not just TX. There will be default values for both MERC_HOME_DIR and MERC_TEMP_DIR if they are not set; you can doubtless find out what they are from the manuals (I am in an airport lounge without access to any manuals at the moment).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.